Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Am ALWAYS Happy. Except when. . . .

I have realized that I have some issues. I am extremely environmental sensitive. See, I have a dear friend who was concerned because I didn't seem 'myself' lately. So I asked Aaron what I am usually like. Do I usually seem stressed, or pretty relaxed? After observing myself over the past few weeks, I have concluded that I am pretty much always happy, with the few exceptions noted below.
I am always happy--except when:

  • the kids are making too much noise
  • the house is messy
  • someone leaves muddy footprints on the floor I JUST mopped
  • I am hungry, tired, thirsty, or in pain of any degree
  • the lighting is 'gloomy'
  • someone eats my brownie
  • the kids run around and wrestle instead of obeying all my commands
  • we are out of bread
  • Aaron leaves his coat, shoes, keys, wallet, or other item where it does not belong
  • Aaron asks me to help find his coat, shoes, keys, or wallet that he has lost
  • my feet have crumbs sticking to them
  • two kinds of music are playing at once (I can't filter noise)
  • my hormones are acting up (aka PMS)
  • my plans are changed unexpectedly and without my control
  • I am in a large crowd of people
  • the baby misses his nap
  • someone touches me in the face
Um, yeah, I think I'm going to have to stop. You probably realize where this is going. The question is, why does my family put up with me? I sure love them (especially Aaron) for accepting me in my happy state. Am I a control freak, or is this all normal?

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the face touching thing. Steve makes fun of me for how mad I get. The thing he gets most bothered by on your list is when we are out of bread.

    How about when your kid throws up all over the car? That doesn't make me very happy. (And now I get to go clean it up.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! So great!

    I am totally with you on the husband leaving the keys and wallet and then frantically trying to find them later on:)

    ReplyDelete