Elias won't go to bed. He keeps bringing me markers and saying, "I want to draw dis one?" over and over and over. . . I've tucked him in 3 times, swatted him once, and so far nothing is working.
Now she's BARKING. ARGH.
Joseph is going to Downata tomorrow with the school. He's totally excited! And almost packed. It's the last day of school, and I'm hoping I can get some stuff done (meaning clean the house) before the boys get home. They haven't wanted to do anything when they're home. It's very frurstrating.
Bark, Bark. ARGH!!!
Isaac is asleep. Poor little guy. I tucked him in and sang him a song, and he is the most precious thing in the world. I love to hold him and kiss him all over. I could just eat him up--he is so delicious. Today we had his lip tie and tongue tie released. I found a dentist in Lehi (yep, LEHI) who would do it with a laser and without anesthesia. So we drove down, Aunt Deborah (My ANGEL) took off work and met us at the park. Then she watched the two "older" boys (Malachi and Elias) while I took Isaac in. I was so impressed and pleased with the dentist--Dr. Branton Richter. He was respectful, intelligent, and didn't talk down to me like I was an idiot. I will be referring others to them for sure. Isaac screamed through the procedure, which seemed to take forever, but really was 10 minutes or so. After he was finished, I picked him up and cuddled him, and he fell promptly asleep. That screaming and squirming wore him out. He slept for at least half an hour--probably an hour, and woke up cheerful.
I went back to the park and saw Malachi flying a KITE!!! I cried. That boy has been begging to fly a kit for a very long time--and Deborah just happened to have two in her trunk. So she had been flying kites with the boys for half an hour. I'm crying now just typing it. Some people have no idea how wonderful they are--that's how I feel about Deborah. Isaac woke up for a minute at the park and then we headed south, and he fell asleep again. That boy is the sweetest thing in the world. Did I tell you he started crawling? Yesterday! So cute! He just rocks back and forth and goes all over. The boys love it--they all try to coax him there way with balls and other favorite toys.
WHINING--MOANING. . . . . .sheesh
Gideon had the egg drop today at school. He wrapped his egg in saran wrap, duct tape, saran, duct tape, saran, duct tape. Then he blew up 6 balloons, wedged the egg inside of them and taped them all into a box. He said it made it, but broke when he was trying to open it to check the egg. That's ironic. (we've been teaching the word "ironic" to the boys lately)
I broke my promise today, and actually had something to do with the bees. I swore I would not, but Aaron asked so nice--I decided to do him a favor and pick up a box in Orem after our Lehi adventure. Deborah was adventurous enough to go with me, THANK GOODNESS. The greenhouse had these great carts with a flat bottom (where I put the carseat) a basket (where we put Malachi) and a top child section (where we put Elias). It looked like I was buying a bunch of "boy starts" instead of vegetables. They actually weren't too bad behavior wise--but Deborah was there. So that would explain that.
Elias hasn't come out for a while. Does that mean he's sleeping? I hope? Oh nope, I can hear him talking to Joseph. Wishful thinking.
Aaron has been gone for a week and a half. Most of the time I do okay--but nighttime really stinks. Last night, I was in the mechanic's shop with the van at 9:00 p.m. The belt slipped off yesterday for no apparent reason. Our neighbors (the Jolleys) came by to drop off scout stuff, and Brother Jolley spent half an hour putting that belt back on. Sweet man. Then I took it in to Travis to make sure it was okay. After another half hour (and four or five phone calls to Aaron), we decided that a cat must have got a tail caught in it or something--so it was probably safe to drive. Then I got the boys (who had been waiting in the van the whole time--did I mention that?) cheesy breadsticks and came home and tried to get them to go to bed.
Elias just went and tried to wake up the baby. ARGH. Did I mention he has some sort of eye infection? In both eyes. Yep. Oh--and i have thrush. Yep.
Talked to Maggie, Michele, Karin, Suzie, and Deborah on the way home today. Still feel alone when I get home--surrounded by five boys and alone. How does that work?
WHINING!!!!! SERIOUSLY????????
Grateful for small blessings. Grateful that the headlight on the van started falling off YESTERDAY instead of today. Mike Dansie wired it back on with baling wire and duck tape. I told him the story of when Melvin came to fix LuLu on a Sunday afternoon--as I was heading back to school and the exhaust pipe finally corroded enough to begin dragging and making sparks on the road. I called Aaron (just barely my official boyfriend) but he was at work. When I tried to say, "nevermind", I was unsuccessful. My future-father-in-law showed up in coveralls with baling wire and duck tape--and crawled underneath my car. He fixed it in no time, and I was back off to school. I am so blessed. There are so many angels around me--and I am very, very grateful.
Time to go put that little angel to bed.

I agree that Aunt Deborah is definitely an angel and I'm glad she was there to help. Here's hoping that the rest of the time Aaron is gone goes a little smoother.
ReplyDeleteOh how I miss you!
ReplyDelete