Well folks, we did it. The newest member of our household has all the attributes of a girl--she's easily excitable, has lots and lots of hair, and likes to chew on her . . . . tail? We've adopted Charly, a 5 year old goldendoodle. She has been here since right before Thanksgiving, and we're very, very happy with her!!! I can now say that I get as much brushing/hair styling time as I could have ever wished for :-) Although I have yet to dress her in fluffy pink ruffles or tutu skirt thingys.
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who made this possible!
Thanks to Gideon for searching diligently on KSL to find us the perfect dog (at the perfect price!)
Thanks to the nice family in Pocatello for training Charly and helping her to LOVE children.
Thanks to my Dad for recommending a great dog training book (we've used it to train Charly how to go on a walk with us, not walk us).
Thanks to Maggie for donating a kennel (thanks to Kai as well)
. . . and to all of you for all of your love and support during this time. We couldn't have done it without you.
P.S. We're expecting a baby in September. We're planning on a boy.
That is an adorable dog, and I hear golden doodles are great for families. I'm so glad you finally got your girl.
ReplyDeleteAlso... I love your "P.S." I'm excited for you, boy or girl. ;)
The way you and Laura make announcements, makes me glad I learned to read all the way to the end. Congratulations (for both the baby and the puppy)!
ReplyDeleteWell congrats on both accounts! I love the way you announce that you are having another baby too! I will say it is a girl. I don't know if I'll be right. I sure was right with our little girl and I have a 50/50 chance so I'll say those are good odds!
ReplyDeleteWhat??? Congratulations!!! On the baby. And the dog, I guess :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Aneesa! I am so excited for you! What a fun post.
ReplyDeleteNot funny. When I read your title my heart stopped and I wondered why I had to read it on your blog instead of you calling me to tell me. I await the next blog posting, which says that Charly will soon be joined by the next female Beutler...
ReplyDelete