Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My New Favorite Tool

I've noticed a lot of you bloggers have a "favorite things" list. This post may or may not be the first of more--I refuse to commit. BUT if it is indeed the first of such a list, I want to start it out right--

SO

Here is my latest favorite--


My RING SLING!!! With every baby--I find a new babywearing device to make my life easier (and the baby happier) and this was my gift to myself with Elias. My friend PrarieMama made it for me last year. It has been a life saver! I tried a sling with my second baby--they are a great tool during church! The baby is happy, close to you, and people don't pet your baby or dare to ask to hold him when he's inches away from your chest. That's a plus. But I had an Over the Shoulder Baby Holder and although some of you may love them, I thought it was TERRIBLE. I couldn't figure out why everyone talked so positively about slings. It was a pain, hard to adjust, hurt my back, was ugly :-( and it was bulky and hard to take places.

So it was given away. A long time ago. And I decided that slings were not that nice. My cousin gave me a mei tei when Malachi was born and it was wonderful--I still use it a lot. You can see it in all my blog post pictures! It distributes the weight better than a sling, so I love to wear it to work outside or for canning season. The only disadvantages are that it was hard for me to figure out how to nurse in--and it takes a little while to put on and take off, so it's better for older babies/kids, and when you're going to wear them for a longer period of time.

and THEN, I went to a family expo at USU last year, and Kim donated a ring sling for our local La Leche League to raffle off--and of course I had to wear one of them to model for the people walking by. . . and oh HEAVEN. A good ring sling is AMAZING!!! I LOVED IT. I went home and ordered one that night. They are fast to put on, quick to adjust, so easy to nurse in, beautiful, and what else can I say? I loved mine so much I made one for my friend (with permission) and then my cousin, and then my sister-in-law. . . . they are so fun to sew, I became a little addicted :-)

Here is the one I made for my favorite-brother-named-Michael's wife Shelly :-)


Okay, I may be more than a little addicted. Ask Aaron. So there you have it. Favorite Thing #1

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful(hope that's an appropriate word to use for such a tool), Aneesa! Good job and yay for you and your ring slings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happen to be the lucky friend who Aneesa made a sling for. And I love it too. At least I did until I got pregnant again and now I can't stand having things press against my front. But I'm looking forward eagerly to using it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wear it so well and I want one too if I ever have another bebe.

    ReplyDelete