Monday, October 11, 2010

Season of Plenty

This harvest season has flown by!! Somewhere in the past month, we fit in the following activities:

WELCOMING::
my baby brother came home from his mission!!! Hooray!!! Now he's off to Hawaii. Go figure.
This is the "Before Photo" before we all started crying :-)

And....the "after" photo--that would be after we started crying :-)

My big brother Matt and his family came to visit for a bit from Alaska. AND my baby sister came HOME from Alaska--now she's off to who knows where. In the meantime, she's paying off her cell phone bill by helping me clean (which is good, because the canning made a mess).


CANNING: we canned hundreds of jars: beans, huckleberries, apricot jam, pears, pear butter, peach raspberry jam (thanksEmily), tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, peaches, more peach jam, raspberry jam, pizza sauce, and chili sauce


Apricot and Huckleberrry Day



This is my little pancake chef--
"Look Mom, I made some more pantakes!! You're weltome!"







and this is my Kitchen During Canning Season--





CURRENT EVENTS:
We survived the 1st day of school (pictured) and Gideon's broken arm--cast placement AND professional cast removal (thanks, Dad).


















The breastfeeding cafe' went well--we raised $165 (gross) for La Leche League. Not as much money as I was hoping, but the networking was well worth the effort. Our Dayton primary program went off with only a few hitches (and no major injuries) and last month we watched ECLIPSE perform at the Dahle Performing Arts Center. They were a lot of fun.

Next event, Jon Schmidt!!! You should all come--you can see an awesome performer, AND an awesome facility. Put it on your calendar for January 22, 2011, in Dayton, Idaho. If you give me advance notice, I'll even feed you beforehand. Seriously.
Rock Cyclops for the Franklin County Fair--1st place in the Jr. Art Division

GROWING: my baby boy grew two teeth (and several inches), Malachi grew four cavities, and my husband grew a beard.
"Look, Mom! I have, a hat!!!"

SHRINKING
: I've lost 13 more pounds of baby weight so far!!! No, I'm not posting a picture. The horse lost about 5 pounds--but mostly in blood. She impaled herself on the fence in an effort to get to the other side. WHY is the grass greener on the other side? Why, oh why, oh why?

Hope you've all had an exciting autumn as well. Now I'm going to bed.

6 comments:

  1. I'm giving you advance notice that I'd like to be fed before the Jon Schmidt concert. And holy cow, is Gideon taller than Joseph?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the before and after of the homecoming. Such a true and sweet moment. I also love the strainer hat and wish it looked as good on me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are my hero. Your list of canned goods is amazing. I opened a few jars of moldy jam this morning. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew. You've been busy. Welcome home to Bob! He looks so great and so do your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. I LOVE the rock cyclops. You have the most creative kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to learn to sew and can and take off casts. Can I come stay with you for awhile and learn?

    ReplyDelete