After two weeks of trial, we have decided, with sadness, that Waldo is not going to be a permanent member of our family. He likes to bite too much. The last two weeks have been an eye-opener for us as we have realized that our boys REALLY need to learn respect for personal boundaries.
Waldo has helped to teach them this, but we are going to need to get a dog that doesn't bite children as a first line of defense. Thankfully, the owners were aware that we needed a two-week trial, and will be taking him back on Sunday. I've also realized that dogs can be a lot of fun when they don't have muddy feet. Thanks for all your notes of congratulations! Maybe we'll get a dog again sometime soon.
Ugh! That is rough. I'm glad to hear your boys won't be getting bitten anymore though. That's not fun!
ReplyDeleteAw, so sad, but yes, you can't have a biting dog...not with kids, especially boys! They tend to get a little rough.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry. Good luck finding the right pouch.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on Un-getting a dog. I'm not a dog fan, so I always support un-dogging. ;)
ReplyDeleteLOVED the title of that post. I almost peed reading it. Also, I too,support un-dogging.
ReplyDeletehey we're in the blog world uncle larry
ReplyDeletealso, I love love the post title:)
ReplyDeleteWe un-dogged once. It took us a year to realize it wasn't going to work out...it was either find her a home where she could run + have other dogs around, or put her on prozac. She had been abused....I think it takes less time to de-dog when you have kids already to make it clear what will or won't work. That dog was more work than my kids, and with Talmage that's saying a lot:)
ReplyDelete