Saturday, July 19, 2008

Here is Our House

To those of you who keep asking to see our house but won't come up to see it, HERE IT IS!!!! Notice the bulldozer tracks in the front "yard." Sorry it took me so long to post pictures, but frankly, it took me that long to get the house clean enough to WANT to post pictures. Anyone else who takes 2 months to clean the house can call me friend!!!
This is the view from the front entry way. My mom and I spent 6 hours laying out the travertine tile border. I kept telling her how much fun it was, and I'm not sure if she was convinced. I really did have fun, but neither of us could straighten our knees for two days afterwards. The fireplace was done by my DEAR AMAZING TALENTED family. It is awesome, as are they!!


This is the great room/dining room/living room/kitchen. Loud, but lots of fun. Notice the fabulous wreath by my sister next to the fireplace. I have such an artistic family, I still don't know how I manged to get completely left out of the that loop!!
This is the kitchen--I LOVE all the cabinet space, and my massive island, and my countertops. I love it all, and I love to cook, so we're all good.
This is the family room/school room. I think I'll start calling it the Discovery Room. Nice ring? And then everyone will look at me all confused all the time. That's always fun. What you can't see is the trapdoor in the ceiling that leads in the Pirate Play room. The boys love it and Malachi can climb the ladder all by HIMSELF!!!
This is the hallway; the little door was my Dad's idea, and we really like it. It was worth all the flac from the builder! The white door is the laundry closet, and the brown big door is our bedroom.
I TOLD you we were going to have a urinal. Here is the boy's bathroom--the tile is going to be redone, but otherwise the bathroom has worked out well. Also included is a 4 1/2 foot tub (standard is 5 ft).
Here is the master bathroom. There is a reason the trash is in the tub and he has a name. What you can't see is the shower that we LOVE! Those of you who saw our last house and bathroom KNOW WHY!!!
You are now looking at the MUD room--a necessity!!! Can't tell you how much I love this room and love this room and love this room. . . . and the lockers! Housewarming gift from my parents. Love them too!!! (the parents more than the lockers though)
Last--here is the Southwest view--I took lots of pictures of views, but I like this one and am tired of posting. So enjoy. The jungle gym is on semi-permanent loan from my brother and his wife--they are sweet too. You're all sweet, and now you should come and visit us in real life!!!! Hope you enjoyed the tour. It took me an hour to fix the photos!!!

6 comments:

  1. I've seen the house in real life and I still loved the picture tour. It is so beautiful, what a wonderful place for little boys to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! It's so amazing! I especially love the urinal idea! I know what that's like with boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good!!! I can't wait to come see it in person. Summer is crazy. It might not happen until Sept. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is BEAUTIFUL!! I am so happy for you!! And your boys are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great house! I'm glad you posted photos. What a perfect to raise your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom told me that she had seen your blog (which I think was previously private and I never got around to asking for permission to view). So I checked again...and voila, now I can see it. I am very happy to see your splendid house tour; it is beautiful! I loved seeing what things you did like your parents' home...the mantle, the urinal, the doors, the lockers (where do you get those?).

    I sure hope to make it up to see you in Idaho someday, but until then, do you mind posting a picture of the pirate room?

    P.S. I don't know if I've ever told you this before, but you should know that Joseph was one of Steve's favorite little kids. Honestly, right up there after our own.

    ReplyDelete