I know I should update more often--it would keep you all checking in on a more regular basis. But excluding the rare, "Oh that would be a funny thing to blog about" moments, there's not much to tell. Really. And that's a good thing, in a way, because it means that life is going well, right? No one has broken a bone lately, or worse. But it also means that I haven't found the daily life I'm experiencing to be extraordinary. And that is sad, because it is. Extraordinary that is. I have five lovable, laughable, fast-growing boys. And the last of my five brothers just got married this last week. What is more extraordinary than the start of a new family?
Today the boys just came home from their last day of school--they are looking forward to an exciting summer. I'm hoping to find that balance between keeping the boys busy/positively occupied and over-programming. I'm still waiting for Aaron to get over his nasty cough/possible bronchitis or pneumonia. In the meantime, I have managed to keep the house somewhat clean, host a party for family (thirty of them!) where the barn was raised (mostly!), join the ranks of foyer mamas after being released from primary, read few books, watch hours of breastfeeding presentations, and look, I'm blogging. See, life is definitely extraordinary.
You are extraordinary, and your life is extraordinary. You're living the dream as far as I'm concerned.
ReplyDeleteP.S. The other day, out of the blue, Tim said, "Your cousin Aneesa is fun. I like her." He doesn't really hand out compliments, so you should be very proud. :)
I've always liked to think extraordinary really does just mean extra of the ordinary. The ordinary (family, friends, hobbies, daily routines, etc.) are usually the things that make life worthwhile and thus, extraordinary.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on some amazing accomplishments! I mean, extraordinary accomplishments, in an ordinary, extra, kind of way ... Keep up the good work, and hurray for families with lots of boys! -- Nathan (5th of 5 boys)
ReplyDelete