Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Family Anomaly

It is I. I am the family anomaly. So far, of the reproducing children of my parents, I break the mold. Two girls and a boy, two girls and two boys, two girls and a boy, two girls, and then there is me. FIVE BOYS. Yep, it's true, another male Beutler will be joining us soon. I'm not sure if this is destiny, or just a very, very odd coincidence. Apparently, we are very good at boys--that is, conceiving them. I'm not sure about the raising them part. Maybe that is why we keep getting them!! But we are rare, I'll have you know. According to my online research, the chances of a couple who has five children to have five boys is 6%. I think that must make us special. If that doesn't, just think of all the noise at our house--that makes us special!!! I love my boys, all of them and we are very excited to welcome another one--although Gideon and Joseph did express severe disappointment over not having a girl to dress up as the princess for when they play knights. I'm kind of thinking if we want a girl--we should adopt one. And WHO in their right mind would allow it???

8 comments:

  1. oh congrats...we love boys too! Maybe you need a female dog? How exciting and not much longer to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! One of my good friends, who is an exceptionally good mom, like you, has five boys too. I'm pretty sure they are reserved for those who can handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! We can adopt girls together : )

    I know a lady who had 7 boys and on the 8th finally had a girl. She stopped after that. I cant say I blame her.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! There is a lady in my ward who has 6 boys and the 7th was finally a girl. I think Emily is right- they are given to those who can handle it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow--Thank you!! How nice to be told what a wonderful mother I am. I'm glad I can get it from somewhere--since I have yet to hear anything like that from my kids!!! I'll probably have to wait at LEAST another decade or so. I'm wondering if all these boys means I'm going to have to start attending more sporting events. . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally got some blogging posting/checking time, and was tickled pink to see that you had done some posts. Love to read them. You've got a great style of writing. I laughed out loud at the resume post. So true! Congrats for another boy. You definitely are one of the only people I know equipped to handle such a crew. Good thing that Joseph is getting old enough to be a big help. Take care-abi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited! I was just making baby gifts last night--alas for girls! and Mike asked who was having girls--I named a few and said maybe even Aneesa! He doubted it--said it would be a boy (guess the pencil test failed!)But hey BOYS are great! I had a neighbor in Rexburg who had 5 boys and one girl--but not 5 boys then one girl. But still, like you--a lot of boys. I love your boys! I think I'm not sure I would be a good mom for boys--but I think you do great! I do girls really well-think I'll stick with them.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES, you are special!! I think you're an awesome boy mama, but I really thought you were having a girl this time. And aren't you thrilled to have noisy kids? I wonder what I'd do if my kids were quiet. D doesn't love the noise as much as I do--I think moms must have a higher noise tolerance or something. Anyway, about the princess dress-up dilemma, you could get a dog and have the boys dress her up, or maybe dress up the youngest boy. My sister and I used to dress up our little brothers in our ballet costumes. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete